Tag!

I was tagged today by Jennie. I met Jennie on Ravelry. Thanks to Ravelry for new friends!

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themself. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 0r 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.


1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Clear the cobwebs, here goes. I was living in Ponte Vedra Beach (FL), working in Jacksonville. Citibank Cards had just bought Universal Card from AT&T and I was part of the team working on how the two companies and cultures were going to merge. My team was also in the middle of a major system upgrade in preparation for Y2K. I was doing a lot of work travel for both of these - I spent several weeks in Utah and Kentucky. It was very stressful but exciting. My brother was living in Camarillo, CA and I visited him that summer. Took my Dad to his first pro golf tournament - TPC at Sawgrass. I spent any free time that I had on the beach.

2. What are five things on my to do list for today.
  • Shop for and attend a work baby shower
  • Work on preemie baby hats for the same shower (I like the pressure of deadlines)
  • Watch Grey's Anatomy Season Finale
  • My Cricut will be delivered - need time to play!
  • Search the web to see if Moonlight was cancelled
3. Snacks I enjoy...
  • Chex Mix
  • Cheez Its
  • Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms
  • Reese's PB Cups
  • Chips and Salsa/Guacamole (especially with an ice cold beer)
  • Taco Dip w/Frito Scoops (tailgating food)
4.Things I would do if I were a billionaire...
  • Quit my job!!
  • Buy a condo (on the beach) in St Augustine Beach, FL
  • Buy a ski chalet in Lake Tahoe or Park City
  • Buy a house in Buckhead with lots of storage and have a room for each of my crafts
  • Travel - Germany, Ireland, Australia
  • Open a trust each for Riley, Melia, Nicholas, Carrie and Danny for their educations
  • Start a charity/foundation
  • Pay off Vicki's debt
5. Places I have lived...
  • Merritt Island, FL 1967 - 1985 (18 yrs in the same house while I grew up)
  • Tallahassee, FL 1985 - 1992 (various dorms, apartments during school and 3 yrs after graduation)
  • Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 1992 - 2000 (apartment and house)
  • Georgia - Sandy Springs/Smyrna/Buckhead 2000 - ? (house w/friend, house w/brother, condo by myself)
6. What jobs have I had...
  • Token fast food job - Long John Silver's
  • Token mall job - Ivey's (now Dillard's)
  • Space Camp counselor (Kennedy Space Center, FL)
  • Several software development jobs - Computer Programmer, Technical Manager, Consultant, Development Manager. My 2nd job out of college was with Interlight Productions in Tallahassee. It was a very creative company - we produced multi-media children's bible stories and we had our own art dept and digital recording studio. I loved the people that I got to interact with - and have never had another job with such creativity. I worked at AT&T Universal Card Services for 8 years and I really loved this job. I had several positions there and worked on several projects for many bosses. The company had a very progressive/modern model of the company structure (i.e. upside down pyramid) and was very successful using this model. I credit the leadership with both preparing me to move on in my career and also for giving me a standard with which to judge success. And my success can be directly traced back to those years.
7. Peeps I want to know more about...

0 comments: